Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cover Letter Examples - Award Winning Cover Letter Examples

If you could do one thing to improve, your chances on securing a new position would you - of course, you would! Good news - creating an award winning cover letter could make all the difference in being successful in your quest for a new job or not. While it might not seem like much, this simple, one-page letter matters!

A common mistake made by job seekers is while spending adequate time on the resume, they quickly and thoughtlessly throwing together the cover letter. This one-page is your first introduction to a potential employer so you want to do everything possible to make it count. Before your resume is even reviewed, the employer will read your cover letter. By writing something compelling, you will capture the interest of the employer, thus giving you an increased opportunity.

Keep in mind that while all cover letters should be one-page in length; the content varies depending on the type of job you are seeking, as well as your specific qualifications. Therefore, it is imperative that you choose your formatting and wording carefully. To help you get started, we have provided two samples of cover letters that will get your resume noticed!

Cover Letter Sample - One

Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name of Contact

With more than 20 years experience in senior management for large and international companies, I offer well-honed qualifications as a visionary and motivator of strategies that have delivered gains in profit and market share, thus exceeding company objectives.

As an expert with proven cross-functional qualifications that span operations and marketing, I feel confident that I would be an asset to your organization. I am currently exploring new opportunities that will allow me to use my dynamic experience and skills for future growth of the company.

Attached you will find my resume, which captures my background, qualifications, and education, showcasing my value. Over the years, I have been faced with a number of professional challenges, meeting each head on with positive attitude, anticipation, and direction, resulting in execution of the appropriate solution.

I am currently in a position for relocation both within the United States and internationally. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss opportunities further. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Susan Jones

Cover Letter Sample - Two

Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name of Contact

I am writing to express an interest in joining (company name) in the position of (position).

As you will see from the attached resume, my background and qualifications are distinct to your industry. During the past 20 years, I have positioned myself within companies to learn and become more successful. Although I have gained tremendous knowledge and have found my position rewarding, I am now looking for a new opportunity, one where my skills can be utilized to their fullest while allowing me the chance to grow and improve the company's bottom line.

I am confident that I bring to the table qualifications suited for the position within your organization, some of which I have outlined below:

Open Position, Proven Management Experience.

My Qualifications. Accomplished in delivering finished projects on time, within scope, and below budget

Problem Solving/Motivation. Direct involvement, taking a creative approach to think outside the box. Strong leadership ability and team motivation through meetings, awards, and team-building challenges

Sound Business Decisions. Strong negotiation using managerial strategies, as well as developing, budgeting, and logistics

The qualifications outlined above are just a few strengths I can offer, with the remainder listed in the attached resume. These combined with my dedication, enthusiasm, and desire to make a difference are what set me apart from other candidates.

Thank you so much for your time and I look forward to meeting in person to discuss this opportunity further.

Sincerely,

Susan Jones

"In Just 10 Minutes Flat, You Can Quickly And Easily Crank Out An Amazing Resume That Is Guaranteed To Have Your Telephone Ring Off The Hook With Hot Job Interviews And Top Job Offers..." http://www.Amazing-Resumes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment