Sunday, June 21, 2009

How Safe Are Your Personal & Professional Relationships

Feng Shui offers many different ways and lots of advice on supporting your relationships. We see data in front of our faces all of the time, but we know that most of you only pay attention when there is a crisis. Are you looking around to see how your true relationships are with your clients and your partner?

Relationships tend to get passive and you figure just because you have had this business relationship forever, that it will go on forever. You have heard of the law of attraction? You attract to you exactly what you have in your life! So for example, your business relationship has been good with ABC Corporation , but another consultant or business person walks in the door to the place that you have done business with forever and says, "I can do a much better job than what you have, at a Lower Price. In this economy, are they going to be loyal to their established partner or are they going to listen to what this new company has to say?

I work in the hospitality industry and I see it everyday, I have worked with the big conglomerates and believe me, if they want your business, they will do everything that they can to get it. It includes more perks for you and your customers and best of all, lower fees. If you are a University or large corporation, the stakes are higher, could we offer you new score boards on your campus or a new Dining Facility? Now does this get your attention?

When you have a solid reputation with your clients, this type of situation could go like this:
John, yesterday George came in from DEF Corporation and offered me all of these perks, lower fees, new score boards, new dining halls, but thanks to you, your continued diligence has kept has in the best possible financial market. I thank you very much for being progressive with us and keeping us in the know with the Hospitality Industry. This is a true relationship! How do you feel now?

One of the best ways for making your business be different than the one across the road, is to provide your employees and you a solid foundation. Now the trick here is, how do you do it? Here is my suggestion, hire a Feng Shui expert to look at your business in new ways. If you are a traditionalist you think, no way! But if you are the person who truly is ahead in the game of business, this should be part of your strategy. Do some research on Donald Trump, check out his Feng Shui Master. Take a look at the positive thinking guru, Wayne Dwyer. His Feng Shui Master is at his home all of the time.

Whenever I am called in for a business consultation, I always place in my proposal a recommendation of having their homes set up in the philosophy of Feng Shui also. Feng Shui (meaning wind & water) has been around from 2000-5000 years, depending on the books you read. Its basis is to insure that your living and business space have the 5 elements of earth , water, fire, metal and wood in your environment. We are looking for a good flow of energy in your spaces to make you feel strong and supported in all things that you and your family do each day.

I haven't mentioned the personal relationships, but they too run the same way. We all go day to day to depend on our partners, but when do we give them the respect and the honor that they deserve? Is it saved for Valentine's Day? What about the other 364 days of the year. I am very fortunate in that I have this type of relationship where my spouse will bring me a cup of tea, just because! He is very consistent with this and happy to do this for me. What do I do for him? I bake him his favorite cookies, his favorite cheesecake for his birthday and I also pay attention to how he walks in the door from work each day. I respond accordingly and if he is down, I try to help bring about a change and a relaxation to his demeanor.

The majority of this is done very easily. My home and offices are all Feng Shui compliant. I believe we all deserve peace and calmness around us and when we walk into our home, we just automatically start relaxing our shoulders and shake off the stress of the day. That, my friend, is what a Feng Shui analysis can do for all of you!

Yvonne Phillips is a National Feng Shui Practitioner, Author and Speakerwith over 18 years of experience. Yvonne is certified with Feng ShuiInstitute International and has trained with world famous Feng ShuiMaster Lillian Too. As owner of Creative Color & Design, she incorporates Feng Shui principles into both residences and businesses, from small businesses to large corporations. Please visit http://www.fengshuiabc1.com for more information. Send an email to YvonnePhillips1@aol.com for a FREE article on Feng Shui Tips for the Bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment